A bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts Management at The Art Institute of Seattle is designed for students who are passionate about their careers, who appreciate food, want a well-rounded education, and understand the rigors and the rewards of this ever-growing industry. Graduates leave The Art Institute of Seattle with a comprehensive portfolio of their work and are prepared to seek entry-level positions with restaurants, hotels, food service institutions, catering and other culinary- or hospitality-related business in positions such as assistant banquet manager, catering manager, inventory control specialist, kitchen manager, management trainee, sous chef and quality assurance manager.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will:
• identify and list challenges to effective organizational management.
• describe and articulate wine culture and perform food and wine pairing.
• develop a business plan that is agile and appropriate for the business and the market, which includes appropriate integration of the key financial statements and how the financial statements interrelate.
• define and articulate the professional values of the culinary profession including the standards for presenting themselves to employers in a professional manner, personal commitments to respect co-workers, employers, and equipment, well-defined career goals, and the value of lifelong professional development.
• demonstrate professional leadership skills, including the ability to define professional ethics, supervision skills, and a plan for professional growth within the culinary field.