The Digital Filmmaking & Video Production 12-quarter* bachelor’s degree program is designed to provide a dynamic and fulfilling educational experience by providing high quality instruction from some of the industry’s top professionals in the areas of digital filmmaking and video production. Students will have the opportunity to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the industry’s latest technologies, theories, and techniques, as well as to learn how to apply them to their own productions. Throughout the program students will have the opportunity to learn to utilize the fundamentals and the intricacies of preproduction, production, and postproduction to effectively take their creative ideas from concept to screen.
This integral process will be supported by a culminating senior project that will take student’s through four rigorous quarters preparing a festival-worthy project from start to finish. By doing so, students will be prepared to pursue entry-level opportunities in the Digital Filmmaking & Video Production industry as they actively pursue their talents, interests, and goals.
Students graduate from the Digital Filmmaking & Video Production program with the training and portfolio required for entry-level positions in the digital motion picture industry such as audio visual specialist, producer’s assistant, production assistant, field producer, assistant director, script supervisor, location manager, location scout, camera operator, assistant camera, lighting assistant, grip & electrical, sound mixer, boom operator, editor, assistant editor, art department, and A/V & multimedia specialist.
Objectives: Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• Pre-Production: demonstrate skills in planning and project management, developing scripts and storyboards, and effective optimization for delivery methods.
• Production: demonstrate skills in design and composition, lighting techniques, audio integration, use of production tools, setting and talent development and documentation completion.
• Post-Production: demonstrate skills in capture and processing, editing, story development and delivery, element integration, and packaging and presentation.
• Presentation/Career Skills: articulate and apply the professional standards of the industry through a demonstration of originality, content quality, process book, portfolio/demo reel and presentation.
* Based on a student taking an average of 15 credits per quarter