The Advertising 12-quarter* bachelor’s degree program is a creative advertising degree focusing on the profession within the commercial environment. In the Advertising program, students have an opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge in branding, media, copywriting, marketing, and account supervision, while they learn both the creative and business side of advertising. Coursework in market research, consumer behavior, copywriting, mass communication, and sales can provide a foundation in the knowledge of the advertising industry.
The Advertising program at The Art Institute of Phoenix is designed to emphasize strategic and critical thinking with professional and communication skills necessary to pursue entry-level opportunities in the advertising industry. Additionally, students will be introduced to the creative side and the various industries that collaborate with them as advertising professionals, such as graphic design, photography, web design, and art direction.
Graduates are prepared with the training and portfolio to seek entry-level employment in the advertising industry, positions such as account executive, copywriter, media buyer, public relations manager, brand manager, or other positions at advertising agencies, marketing companies, media companies, or private corporations.
Objectives: Upon completion of this program graduates will be able to:
• Technical Acumen: proficiency with the tools and graphic techniques of the profession to plan and manipulate advertising media in the production of print collateral and video spots.
• Design: ability to effectively use aesthetic and layout concepts in the design process for advertising campaigns and marketing communications.
• Theory: apply industry knowledge and critical thinking skills to describe and develop key elements of effective advertising problems and solutions using the language and concepts of the profession.
• Critical Thinking: articulate and apply the professional standards of the industry through a demonstration of their ability to relate advertising/marketing techniques and visual communication skills to client-driven campaigns.
* Based on a student taking an average of 15 credits per quarter