Students in the Bachelor of Science degree program in Audio Production offered through The Art Institutes International Minnesota receive audio production training using industry-relevant technology and equipment in a hands-on environment . The Audio Production program at The Art Institutes International Minnesota is designed to prepare students to work with a variety of mediums such as live venue sound production, the Web, film, and video. Our program provides Audio Production training through courses that address both foundational and advanced aspects of the industry.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Audio Production degree program is to prepare graduates for positions in live venue sound production, film, television, radio, and interactive broadcast mediums. The Audio Production program specifically offers training in the areas of audio production, music technology, synthesis and sound design, MIDI systems, and various recording techniques . Graduates are prepared to seek entry-level positions in audio engineering, music recording, radio and television broadcasting, audio equipment design, maintenance and repair, live venue and field recording, and audio sound design .
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Production: Graduates conceptualize, plan, execute, and deliver quality recordings and post-production projects, demonstrating knowledge and application of audio theory, critical listening skills, and industry standards, while using industry-related tools
2. Professionalism: Graduates can present and conduct themselves professionally and demonstrate an understanding of specific career paths, job responsibilities, and industry expectations while developing a professional business plan and an effective portfolio
3. Critical Thinking: Graduates can efficiently troubleshoot and solve problems typically encountered by audio professionals
4. Evaluation: Graduates can apply peer and professional critique as well as self-evaluation to continuously improve the quality of their work
5. Business: Graduates can apply the business and economic principles and practices of the audio industry while maintaining legal and ethical standards