The Visual Effects & Motion Graphics program is designed to emphasize motion graphics and visual effects compositing by providing skills drawn from the fields of photography, graphic design, compositing, video, film, audio and animation. With a curriculum that emphasizes actual job skills needed in the field, graduates of this program will be prepared to seek entry-level positions in feature film, corporate communication, television, video production, e-business, and other media outlets.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will have the opportunity to:
• Apply visual effects and motion graphics skills to meet the needs of corporate communication, television, motion picture, video production, e-business, and other media outlets.
• Draw from the fields of photography, graphic design, compositing, video, film, audio and animation to create visual effects and motion graphics.
• Edit and assemble visual effects and/or motion graphics for television, movies or the Web.
• Create opening titles for feature films and television shows.
• Create station or network identification logos and bumpers.
• Design graphics that use type, color and brand elements.
To receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Visual Effects & Motion Graphics, students must: receive a passing grade or credit for all required coursework; earn a minimum of 180 quarter credits; achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher; meet portfolio or other requirements as outlined by the program; and satisfy all financial obligations to The Art Institute.