The Bachelor’s level Media Arts & Animation program provides graduates with the relevant career skills needed to obtain and develop careers in the animation industry. The goal is accomplished through a focused curriculum based on industry validated program exit competencies. Additionally, faculty who possess industry experience and content expertise as well as appropriate resources also support the curriculum.
The Bachelor’s level program in Media Arts & Animation is a twelve quarter program. The program provides the graduate with art, design, technical, business, and life skills needed to develop and sustain a career in the fields of animation and related media arts.
• Graduates will demonstrate application of learned concepts from foundation level art courses. These would include: drawing, color, form, design, composition and foundation level digital art skills.
• Graduates will demonstrate an applied technical knowledge of animation tools and software according to current industry standards.
• Graduates will demonstrate a practical understanding and application in the principles of animation, acting and movement and cinematic storytelling as it relates to 2D and 3D animation (as applicable).
• Graduates will demonstrate professionalism, through the creation and presentation of a demo-reel and self-promotion package, according to current industry standards.
• Graduates will demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, plan, execute, and deliver quality animation projects.
• Graduates will demonstrate the ability to work on team-based projects.
To receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Media Arts & Animation, students must: receive a passing grade or credit for all required coursework; earn a minimum of 180 quarter credits; achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher; meet portfolio or other requirements as outlined by the program; and satisfy all financial obligations to The Art Institute.