The Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Marketing & Management program is a twelve-quarter program that will offer experience across disciplines in business, fashion, and design, covering both soft and hard lines. This cross-functional focus will allow students to expand beyond traditional fashion design positions and choose among options in manufacturing, design and retailing. The content of the curriculum includes fashion industry trends and manufacturing, general business, management, operations and compliance, retailing, marketing, advertising, and design. Students will have the opportunity to learn how to effectively bridge the gap between designers and the retail market. They will be required to both identify and anticipate fashion trends, as well as to develop the decision-making skills needed to insure that the preferred consumer goods are in stock at the appropriate time.
The mission of the Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Marketing & Management is to prepare students to begin entry level careers in store and mall management, event promotion, sales, product and sales development, and small business ownership.
• Graduates will demonstrate proficiency with common business computer programs including inventory management, presentation, spreadsheet, and Web software.
• Graduates will accurately use industry terminology to analyze and meet client needs. This process will include trend forecasting, textile evaluation, buying plans, and usage for specific markets.
• Graduates will demonstrate the ability to plan and analyze key marketing and management processes including event planning, product development, target market identification, market research strategies, branding, electronic marketing, and supply chain distribution.
• Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge of Visual Merchandising as a communication tool to market the merchandise to the consumer.
• Graduates will demonstrate professional presentation skills to include appropriate interpersonal communication skills; articulation of knowledge of fashion marketing and management; and mastery of industry standards, professional practices and ethics.
• Global Marketing - Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of the global marketplace in terms of trade restrictions and international business.
Graduation Requirements: To receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Fashion Marketing & Management, students must: receive a passing grade or credit for all required coursework; earn a minimum of 180 quarter credits; achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher; meet portfolio or other requirements as outlined by the program; and satisfy all financial obligations to The Art Institute.