Fashion & Retail Management is the business that sets the trends and moves the world’s fashion and merchandise from the designer’s mind to the showroom and department store floors and into the hands of consumers. This fast-paced industry requires talented, creative professionals who have a strong business sense and an eye for style.
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Fashion & Retail Management at The Art Institute of Las Vegas is designed to provide knowledge and training in marketing and design. Courses are designed to develop a student’s passion for the fashion and retail industry through training in business, sales, and marketing. Students have the opportunity to learn how to develop effective sales strategies. Working with designers, managing fashion events, and influencing trends are an important element of the curriculum. Internet and international components of the program give students a competing edge in the changing world of retail.
• Analyze fashion concepts and design cycles to forecast future trends
• Demonstrate a basic foundation in drawing and design
• Develop an understanding of the history of fashion
• Employ modern fashion illustration concepts and techniques
• Apply basic business principles including retail math, sales and event promotion
• Identify how to effectively bridge the gap between designers and the retail market
• Develop the decision-making skills needed to insure that the preferred consumer goods are in stock at the appropriate time
• Demonstrate knowledge of fashion industry trends and manufacturing, general business, management, operations and compliance, retailing, marketing, advertising, and design
Entry-Level Career Opportunities
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program are prepared to seek entry-level, professional positions such as assistant buyer, assistant retail store manager, fashion coordinator, marketing assistant, product and sales developer, sales associate, assistant visual merchandiser, or window trimmer.