The Web Design & Development diploma program teaches students how to create the look, feel and functionality of World Wide Web pages for client Web sites. This involves developing a design that effectively communicates the ideas being promoted by the Web sites, and focusing on the ways in which the Web sites function for optimum information delivery.
The program will also focus on the design and development of mobile device applications. Students will develop abilities in aspects of Web design, computer languages, and multimedia skills, along with developing a professional portfolio as a formal transition into the workplace. Students will also learn to adapt the most up-to-date programs, techniques and standards in a field that is quickly and continuously changing.
The general objectives for the program are:
• Demonstrate professional visual communication skills through the use of graphic illustrations, photography and typography
• Integrate composition and design in support of concept
• Demonstrate the ability to program and code to functional requirements of media project(s)
• Apply critical thinking and needs analysis to concept design and in developing media marketing
• Apply presentation and communication skills to produce design and business solutions appropriate to a particular client or target audience