The baccalaureate program in Media Arts & Animation is a twelve quarter program. The program provides the graduate with art, design, technical, business, and life skills needed to develop and seek a career in the fields of animation and related media arts.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
• Demonstrate application of learned concepts from foundation level art courses. These would include: drawing, color, form, design, composition and foundation level digital art skills
• Demonstrate an applied technical knowledge of animation tools and software according to current industry standards
• Demonstrate a practical understanding and application in the principles of animation, acting and movement and cinematic storytelling as it relates to 2D and 3D animation (as applicable)
• Demonstrate professionalism, through the creation and presentation of a demoreel and self-promotion package, according to current industry standards
• Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, plan, execute, and deliver quality animation projects
• Demonstrate the ability to work on team-based projects