The Culinary Management program at The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Colorado is designed to provide students with the necessary skill sets by integrating cooking and culinary business aspects. Culinary Management not only encompasses the art of cooking but also goes beyond to include the legalities, guidelines, and operations to owning and running a restaurant and the business side of the culinary industry.
The culinary industry requires a combination of both technical and conceptual skills including:
• Identifying and applying cooking techniques, food preparation methods, and equipment
• Accurately following any recipe and achieving specified outcome
• Describing and articulating wine culture and performing food and wine pairing
• Recognizing and applying principles of nutrition, sanitation, safety, and labor laws
• Knowledge of current developments and trends in the culinary and foodservice industry
• Understanding and applying various management techniques
This professional career requires planning, analytical, and decision-making skills, which are the focus of the program. Students have the opportunity to develop management skills in a professional culinary atmosphere and can learn to solve problems while accomplishing the daily tasks necessary in foodservice operations.