The Culinary Arts program at The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Colorado is designed to prepare students with a wide range of basic culinary skills, experience, and knowledge necessary to adapt to a specific culinary career path. Culinary Arts is the applied art of cooking and, namely, how to cook. The art encompasses fundamental cooking techniques and an understanding of trends, varying cuisines, and the process from start to plating.
The culinary industry requires a combination of both technical and conceptual skills including:
• Identifying and applying cooking techniques, food preparation methods, and equipment
• Accurately following any recipe and achieve specified outcome
• Recognizing and applying principles of nutrition, sanitation, and safety
• Demonstrating proficiency in a variety of world and regional cuisines
• Knowledge of current developments and trends in the culinary and foodservice industry
Students in the Culinary Arts program have the opportunity to experience a practical, hands-on approach to innovative methods and classic techniques for preparing numerous cuisines. The program combines practical training and industry experience to prepare students for entry-level careers in the diverse foodservice industry.