The Master of Arts in Design & Media Management was created to prepare graduates for professional opportunities in management at a variety of art and design enterprises. The curriculum was developed to address the critical management competencies and challenges of this evolving discipline through the study of theoretical management concepts and the application of professional skills. The program has two areas of specialization: Design Management and Media Arts Management. Both specializations include a common foundation of six courses and a culminating capstone course. Students focus their studies toward future goals through the selection of electives and a track based on either the design industry or the media arts industry.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
• Demonstrate the application of leadership theory, capacity management, risk assessment, marketing, and investment strategies in their academic coursework
• Demonstrate a range of effective communication skills that support the development and management of a business
• Demonstrate effective information literacy skills
• Demonstrate effective critical thinking skills in the development and execution of projects
• Demonstrate conceptual and creative thinking skills in the development and support of their academic coursework