Culinary Certificate students have the opportunity to obtain a foundational knowledge and skills in the fundamental techniques and theories of the culinary arts and in industry practices. Through applied coursework and hands-on experiences students may build the necessary skills and abilities to confidently meet the challenges of the food service industry. The curriculum is based on classical principles emphasizing modern techniques and trends in both the classroom and the kitchen. Students are prepared to seek entry-level employment in the culinary industry such as entry-level prep cooks, line attendants, and entry-level pastry assistants.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
• Upon successful completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
• Establish and maintain safety and sanitation procedures
• Prepare standardized recipes using a variety of cooking techniques which meet industry quality standards
• Prepare a variety of recipes utilizing the correct techniques, ingredients and equipment which meet industry quality standards
• Define and articulate the core values of the culinary professional
• Seek entry-level positions in commercial and institutional food service settings