The Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in Advertising Design is meant to bridge the gap between technology, art, marketing, and business. Beginning with the fundamentals of design, color theory, typography, marketing, and business practices as well as advertising, you will have the opportunity to learn how to combine your artistic gifts with a solid background in design for business, marketing, or advertising.
Our industry-experienced, academically qualified faculty will provide you with a hands-on, creative and realistic education with an emphasis on both digital and manual design skills. Graduates from the program will be prepared to seek entry–level employment in the advertising industry from the aspects of both advertising and graphic design. Upon completion of the program, your digital skills should include the ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, etc.) as well as other industry-standard software.
As you enter your final two quarters, you will have the opportunity to see the culmination of all your hard work as you are taught how to professionally assemble and present your portfolio — the most important tool you have to showcase your talents to prospective employers!
• Theory - Graduates will apply industry knowledge and critical thinking skills to analyze, develop, and implement effective advertising solutions that meet professional standards
• Design - Graduates will develop concepts as well as analyze and incorporate aesthetics and layout in the design process for advertising campaigns and marketing communications
• Technology and Production - Graduates will demonstrate proficiency with the tools and graphic techniques of the profession to plan and implement production of advertising media such as print collateral, audio and video spots, and Web-interactive materials
• Critical T hinking - Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the interdependence between advertising/marketing objectives and visual expression and be able to evaluate and critique their ideas
• Graduates will be able to articulate the vision behind their creative work and explain and promote their solutions to clients and colleagues
• Professionalism - Graduates will demonstrate professional presentation; articulation of knowledge of advertising and visual problem solving; and mastery of industry standards, professional practices and ethics